Code 43 using GPU, Black Screen when used as Primary Video

renzevabe

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017
I have an emaxx a70fm2+icafe motherboard with a A10-7850K apu and recently bought an nvidia geforce 1050 ti gpu. I'm seeing a code 43 error in device manager for the new graphics card so whenever I boot with it as the primary video device I only get a black screen after the initial logo. I reinstalled multiple times and even used a tool to clean

renzevabe

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

I successfully updated the BIOS to the latest one. I still get code 43. I will try to reinstall the graphics card. Also, I can toggle CSM between UEFI Only and Legacy Only, does that make a difference if I set it all to UEFI?

renzevabe

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

I have updated the BIOS and contacted the distributor of the MB, the GPU is compatible with the board. Problem is I'm getting that code 43.

Code 43 is usually a problem with drivers and/or compatibility. So, if the card is compatible, then it would suggest a driver issue. Did you fully remove the old graphic drivers? If not, remove the graphics card and use the integrated graphics to download DDU and run in safe mode http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Once it has removed the drivers, put the card back in and see if works, if it does install the new drivers.

The only other drivers that may be an issue are the ones for the motherboard and how it runs the PCIe lanes.

renzevabe

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

I contacted NVIDIA earlier and assisted me via live support. We did rule out that the issue is not specific to the driver corruption or conflicts from other services. We also fully uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the latest one. The problem still persists.

By the way, aside from the GPU I also installed new PSU (650w), I know the power is more than enough but do you think I may have missed some psu connection to the motherboard? I did tried my old GPU, an R7 250, and it works well.

renzevabe

Prominent
Sep 26, 2017

I brought the computer with the gpu to service center. They tested the graphics card, and it seems to work other computer. Next, they tested my motherboard and there is no problem found. It's been a week and they have yet to isolate the issue. They told me it might be the processor (A10-7850K), they would replace it but it takes time.

I don't think it's the processor, because when I re-installed the old GPU I use, it works with the APU in Dual Graphics. Please let me know what you think.

Aside from this, I also contacted NVIDIA about the issue and we exhausted all troubleshooting and they also advise me to test the graphics card on another card which seems to be working properly.