Question Code 45 wifi

Mar 18, 2020
I have an HP Pavilion that has intermittent wifi connectivity. When I check the Device Manager and show hidden items my wifi card shows up as:

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

Now I have tried different fixes for this like uninstalling the driver/re-installing, updating driver, pulling the connectors off of the wifi card and reattaching them, replacing the card with a new one. I also tried going into the BIOS and disable/re-enable network, enabled legacy mode. Working with the cables and BIOS did the trick but only until I powered off the laptop for a few hours. From what I can tell the common denominator is the unit powering off/sleep. Without fail every time I get the wifi back up and running it goes back to that after being off for a fixed period of time. I went into the adapter properties and unchecked the box where the computer was able to power it off for energy saving, but that did not help.

Is there any way to get around this so this stops happening? I cant tell if the card/s are defective of if it is a system board issue. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

My wifi card is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 running windows 10

TRENDING THREADS