[SOLVED] Code executing at boot

kw1997

Distinguished
May 24, 2013
Hello guys

I just bought a 2009 Macbook A1181 (retired from school) . When i start this laptop (without hard disk ) it starts executing some code (which is probably on Bios) . It calls itself DBAN.bzi from a site called Dban.org claiming it will destroy data.

then the screen goes blank I am afraid to start it with the hard disk

How can I delete (bypass) this code . will appreciate help. thanls

Solution
Hello guys

I just bought a 2009 Macbook A1181 (retired from school) . When i start this laptop (without hard disk ) it starts executing some code (which is probably on Bios) . It calls itself DBAN.bzi from a site called Dban.org claiming it will destroy data.

Yes, that is what DBAN does...wipe the drive.
This is almost certainly to protect personal or school info.

Why are you not doing a full wipe and reinstall anyway? This should be done for ALL used devices, no matter where they came from.

And Forum rules preclude assistance with bypassing this.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello guys

Yes, that is what DBAN does...wipe the drive.
This is almost certainly to protect personal or school info.

Why are you not doing a full wipe and reinstall anyway? This should be done for ALL used devices, no matter where they came from.

And Forum rules preclude assistance with bypassing this.

Solution