CODE FOR MY WINDOW 2000 PROFESIONAL

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY COMPUTER AND WANT TO DELETE
EVERYTHING FROM THE COMPUTER AND REINSTALL EVERYTHING., I
WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE CODE TO MY WINDOW 2000 IS ON THE
COMPUTER . I DO NOT HAVE THE CODE ANYMORE AND WOULD LIKE
TO KNOW HOW I CAN GET THE CODE FOR MY DISK BEFORE I DELETE
EVERYTHING. PLEASE EMAIL ME AT WPANDU@AOL.COM IF YOU HAVE
A ANSWER FOR ME THANKS

Greetings --

First of all, please unstick your CapsLock key. Posting in
all
caps, as you have done, is the Usenet equivalent of shouting, and is
considered very rude. More importantly, posting in all caps makes the
post very hard to read, further reducing your chances of getting help.

By "code," do you mean Product Key?

The Windows 25-character Product Key (required to perform the
installation) is stored on the CD packaging on a bright orange sticker
that says "Do not lose this number." If it was an OEM (factory
installed) license, it's stored on a label that the PC manufacturer
affixed to the exterior of the PC case, or on the bottom of a laptop.

To recover a lost Product Key:

If your system still runs, you should be able to use Belarc
Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to find the
Product Key. (If you have a factory-installed OEM license, and
haven't since reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably
of the drive image used at the factory and not _your_ specific Product
Key; therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not
be -- used for a re-installation.)

If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
manufacturer; although very few manufacturers/vendors keep records of
the Product Keys they've sold, it's worth a try before you have to buy
a new license.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you: