Hi,
I've got a few media files wanted to be played back. When I listened to them
with windows 98 media player, everything went fine. But when being played on
windows xp, it requires codecs files. Where can I download these codecs?
Thanks
Jack

Jacky Luk wrote:
> I've got a few media files wanted to be played back. When I listened
> to them with windows 98 media player, everything went fine. But when
> being played on windows xp, it requires codecs files. Where can I
> download these codecs? Thanks

Search for, download and install K-Lite Codec Pack.
I suggest "Basic".

--
<- Shenan ->

Some codecs are already included in XP. But sometimes not switched on. To
check if yours are switched on:
Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Hardware > slide down to Device
'Audio Codecs', Double click to open > Check that device is working on
General tab > Choose Properties Tab > this lists installed codecs , if
double click into each and check that radio button 'use this audio codec' is
selected.

Hope this helps

Jules

"Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
> Jacky Luk wrote:
> > I've got a few media files wanted to be played back. When I listened
> > to them with windows 98 media player, everything went fine. But when
> > being played on windows xp, it requires codecs files. Where can I
> > download these codecs? Thanks
>
> Search for, download and install K-Lite Codec Pack.
> I suggest "Basic".

Doesn't work. Still look for codec on net

> --
> <- Shenan ->

Mine are really simple. I just got them out of the mp3 player, recorded
sound clips...

Jacky Luk wrote:
> Mine are really simple. I just got them out of the mp3 player,
> recorded sound clips...

When you installed K-Lite Codec Pack - you got media Player Classic.. Does
it play with that? It is the same as the Windows 98 version.

Do the files play with another player?

--
<- Shenan ->

It is the same icon, same 'skin', but a different logo
:)