[SOLVED] Coding to copy whatsapp media files

carlosrafa

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Hello there,
How to make a program that reads WhatsApp messages, copy the added multimedia files sent to different folders named with the same name of each corresponding WhatsApp contact?
Thank you very much for your help

Solution
There is another point of view of what you want to do. Even if you know "how to code" and write software, you also must know where WhatApp keeps the data, how it is stored / encoded / encrypted, and in many cases this is the difficult part. I would even say that if this information was freely available, someone would already write such an app.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, thank for your soon reply, first I don't know code, I want you suggest what is the most appropriate and easier to learn program to do that. thank for your help.
Software development doesn't work like that.

If you have zero experience, we can't just suggest javascript/rust/C++/perl/python/whatever...and say "Go forth and write something to interact with WhatsApp".

carlosrafa

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Thank for your answer, I know a very little about coding, for example: that you need to install a special environment to load and run your coding (Java Run Environment to load and execute application of Java Virtual Machine). And take a short online beginner python course.
Anyway, thank you very much for your attention.

There is another point of view of what you want to do. Even if you know "how to code" and write software, you also must know where WhatApp keeps the data, how it is stored / encoded / encrypted, and in many cases this is the difficult part. I would even say that if this information was freely available, someone would already write such an app.

Solution

carlosrafa

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2013
Thank you