Coffee Lake - Should I buy now or wait?

OfficialAzzaN

Prominent
May 23, 2017
4
0
510
0
So I am gonna build a gaming PC soon and I've set my eyes on the i3-8100 for now. But since January is only 2 months away and Intel is gonna release their second batch, should I wait or should I just get the i3-8100? Also, is an extra 0.5 Mhz worth it?

So should I buy the i3-8100 now and buy a H310 / B360 motherboard in January or should I buy the i3-8300 and a H310 / B360 both in January?
 
Sep 15, 2017
323
0
860
41
You should probably wait, because as of right the demand for those CPU's are high and the supply is low which will just increase the price, for example just last month the 8700k were about $330, and now they are closer to $416, if you wait for intel to release their next batch and allow the price to go down you can save yourself a lot of money
 

ProfessinalGamer

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
62
0
1,640
2


Wait until the next version of the CPUs comes out and extra 0.5mhz isn't worth it
 
Sep 15, 2017
323
0
860
41


Problem with doing that is you end up just waiting all the time, because as soon as one comes out the next gen will already have leaked teasers and info, so if you just keep waiting you will never upgrade your pc
 

Similar threads


ASK THE COMMUNITY