coffee spilt on keyboard (Logitech G910). Keys all work but few are inconsistent. Fixable or Fried?

kinggambit

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
Keyboard is a Logitech G910. Shift, alt, C, and spacebar (around where coffee spilt) all work but have issues:

Spacebar almost always registers twice. C sometimes registers multiple times as well.

Harder to test Alt and Shift but they dont seem to register sometimes (or maybe same issue so it doesnt read the key being held)

==============

Dont know much about circuits but seeing how it still worked, my main questions are:

1. If the keys still work, does that mean this issue is salvageable?

2. I've opened the keyboard up in hopes to clean any debris, but unlike most keyboards that have that thin plastic membrane circuit, keys seem attached to the circuit board beneath which I want to check. Any ideas on how to approach this or should I just send this to a repair shop (or
get a new keyboard)?
Mbo1A7r.jpg

Paying to fix this is very likely not worth it. it would be close to what a new or a used working one would cost. That is a mechanical keyboard so the key and the board setup are different which is why you don't see those membrane switches. I don't know if spare switches are available for those models, if you can get them, replacing them on the board may work, but issue may be on the board which means you wasted time and money on the switches.

I spilled beer on my keyboard recently, and that had all kinds of problems... but as of right now it works perfectly.

My advice is to tear it down as much as possible, and with some water, alcohol, and canned air give it a deep cleaning and drying. You probably didn't fry anything. The main problem you have to look for is wetness and gunk build up. You may not think of coffee as conductive, but add some minerals to it and it conducts pretty well. Those minerals come from not only the coffee, but and salt you might have dropped on the keyboard, or even from your finger tips at you type. So, get something that can squirt water and alcohol with a bit of force, and squirt into crevices, dry the best you can, then use the canned air to blast out anything still in there. This will be painstaking as you have to do it on each individual switch and also on the board, but you should be able to get it back to functional.