CoH and surround

Simple: does CoH support 5.1 sound at all? Would a surround speaker setup
be worthwhile? (I have the audio driver, just not the speakers.) I'll
probably go to a 5.1 setup sometime soon, but wondered if it was worth it
for this particular game...

Leveled Glory and even got a gratz this time. :p

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 25 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Simple: does CoH support 5.1 sound at all? Would a surround speaker setup
>be worthwhile? (I have the audio driver, just not the speakers.) I'll
>probably go to a 5.1 setup sometime soon, but wondered if it was worth it
>for this particular game...

It will use surround sound, but it's not particularly special or
anything.
I don't think it really does any spatial positioning of sounds.

>Leveled Glory and even got a gratz this time. :p

Gratz.

Cleared those 2 AV missions yet?

Xocyll

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> I don't think it really does any spatial positioning of sounds.

Ah.

>> Leveled Glory and even got a gratz this time. :p

> Gratz.

Thanks. Getting to within 50 points, and then standing on the Indy Port
tram platform and sniping minions did it.

> Cleared those 2 AV missions yet?

Shidno. Shen has 2, Glory has 1. Haven't had time to put together a team
for either one.

--

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@nodgathspam.kom> wrote:
>Shidno. Shen has 2, Glory has 1. Haven't had time to put together a team
>for either one.

I have a 26 dark/dark defender on Victory. Feel free to ping
Antelucanary if you ever need an assist and I'm on.

-R

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / doc@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

Rob Wynne <doc@america.net> wrote:
>> Shidno. Shen has 2, Glory has 1. Haven't had time to put together a team
>> for either one.

> I have a 26 dark/dark defender on Victory. Feel free to ping
> Antelucanary if you ever need an assist and I'm on.

Will do. Feel free to /friend all my alts. I'm primarily playing Glory
right now, since I can actually progress (Shen is out of missions other
than the two AV ones, and grinding to 39 on street hunting - tough tough
tough).

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> It will use surround sound, but it's not particularly special or
> anything. I don't think it really does any spatial positioning of sounds.

Yeah, you're right. A rack of speakers better than the usual "pair o'
cheese graters" makes it sound nice, but it doesn't do anything special
with the 5.1 setup.

Ah, well. I put the speakers in for video work anyway. :)

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 25 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> It will use surround sound, but it's not particularly special or
>> anything. I don't think it really does any spatial positioning of sounds.
>
>Yeah, you're right. A rack of speakers better than the usual "pair o'
>cheese graters" makes it sound nice, but it doesn't do anything special
>with the 5.1 setup.

Yeah the sound is ok - SBlive with a 4speaker/subwoofer setup here.
True surround doesn't really make sense for CoH since so many of the
npcs/baddies just say things in text not sound.

If they cried for help, the positional sounds would be useful, kind of.

>Ah, well. I put the speakers in for video work anyway. :)

There's always something they're good for.
..Mp3s if nothing else. [There's a "sentence" guaranteed to make an
english nazi cringe and moan.]

Xocyll