Question Coil whine can be heard through speakers, headphones and even when screen recording!

BigFellaLok

Prominent
Oct 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

So I built my first ever PC a few days ago. The first thing I noticed when turning on the PC was a faint high pitched sound coming from the PC, I didn't know what this was but it turns out to be "coil whine". It didn't bother me too much until I plugged in my speakers and the same high pitched sound that came from the PC was now amplifed tenfold and is coming through the speakers. If I plug in my headphones, the high pitched buzz is coming through them too! I also recorded some MW gameplay, and that same sound is even coming through the audio on the video. I don't know much about computers and have know clue how to fix it. I'm lost. How do I know if it's my GPU or PSU? Did I wire everything up correctly? If anyone could give me any insight or solutions to this, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Ryzen 3600
RTX 2060
MSI b550 a-pro series

BigFellaLok

Prominent
Oct 12, 2020
Update the Bios of the motherboard within bios by using m-flash menu and a pen drive

Which exact psu are you using?

How did you connect the speakers?

Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 OC

I connected the speakers through the green aux at the back of PC. Headphones I connected through the front panel. No matter how I connect an audio device, the sound somehow leaks through into headphones/speakers.