Coil Whine Corsair 750 CX ATX power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shading

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Welp, I've tried my absolute hardest to fix this issue and I for the life of me cannot fix it. I've RMA'ed my power supply 3 times, switched graphics cards and even changed my surge protector... and each and every damned time there's this annoying coil whine that happens during games. Any idea's what it could be? Is it just this model of power supply? Or am I just going to have to live with it?

Shading

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

It all depends on the game, World Of Warcraft you can barely hear it but Warframe or other games that put load on the PSU it's very audible.

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

On a level,,coil whine is normal,,,but it shouldnt be so loud,,,this particular PSU may be faulty,,can u try another PSU?

Shading

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

You would think, but I've swapped both.... Corsair said that they'll upgrade me to a different model if it screws up again which I might take up. I just don't understand how I could get 3 different PSU's in a row and have them be loud...

Alex Kelly

Honorable

Agreed. It's a well known issues with CX series PSUs. Have you gotten 3 new power supplies or did they send it back twice with no faults found?

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

i think you should do that,,request for another model and see if it solves the problem

Shading

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

3 DIFFERENT PSU's .. that's why I'm so baffled this happened. Though this isn't my first time I would've had bad luck in computers.

Shantanu Ghose

Honorable
Mar 17, 2013

Maybe that particular model hasnt been wroking out well for you,,,request a new model

''I've RMA'ed my power supply 3 times''

3 psu's and all with the same issue ??? sounds like more than bad luck

could not find the 750 tare down review but this in the 600 may be the issue in them
''all filtering caps in the secondary side are from CapXon and are rated at 105°C. We would like to see caps of a higher quality here, at least Teapo ones,''

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/CX600M/4.html

Shading

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

Thanks man I just told them I'm sick of them boning me and I'm going to get a refund then proceed to go out and buy an AX or HX... maybe even a different brand. Appreciate it all.

Alex Kelly

Honorable

I saw that, so gooood. My G2 750W arrived today, the only complaints I have are the warranty is really hard to register for, and the included cables are pretty bulky and were hard to plug into everything. I love how the fan doesn't spin even under heavy load in my build :D

Status
Not open for further replies.