Question Coil Whine | Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC 8GB

Jan 31, 2021
Before starting I want to list my components:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC
Motherboard: Asus Prime B350-Plus
Power Supply: Gigabyte P850GM 850W (this is my new one already, I got it because of the coil whine but it didn't change anything)
RAM: 2x 8GB 2400MHz

As you can see in the title I've got a coil whine problem which I want to fix 100%. I already bought a new PSU, nothing changed. Now I think about buying a new motherboard, but before I do this I want to ask what it could be otherwise.

Before starting I want to list my components:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC
Motherboard: Asus Prime B350-Plus
Power Supply: Gigabyte P850GM 850W (this is my new one already, I got it because of the coil whine but it didn't change anything)
RAM: 2x 8GB 2400MHz

As you can see in the title I've got a coil whine problem which I want to fix 100%. I already bought a new PSU, nothing changed. Now I think about buying a new motherboard, but before I do this I want to ask what it could be otherwise.
It's most likely from the GPU.

D

Deleted member 2720853

If you already changed the PSU, probably the GPU, unless the new PSU also generates coil whine (and considering the P850GM is of mediocre quality I wouldn't be surprised).

I'm afraid you can do nothing about coil whine other than RMA. Some people said they reduced coil whine or even eradicated it by letting a game with a high FPS menu run overnight or a stressful benchmark. Take it with a grain of salt, it's just what I heard.