[SOLVED] Coil whine on CPU fans while starting / running some programs.

JTidfk

Commendable
Mar 12, 2020
Hey, i recently bought a ml360r from cooler master (had a terrible time setting it up), and it seems to be some coil whine coming from the first fan. It's a buzzing noise whenever i open programs up or play games. I opened the case up and spun the fans with my finger and the only one that makes a different noise from the other ones is the first fan. I'm pretty sure that one seems to be the issue. There's no wires in the way or anything, and all of the screws are on tight. Is there any way to fix this or do i just have to live with it?

Solution
Assuming you bought it new its likely under warranty. You could try contacting cooler master to see if they'll replace the fan

Or outright return it if its still within its return period and go with a different cooler or try your luck on another one of the same model

Outside of that I don't think you can fix the fan itself if its something wrong with the fans motor

Furzumz

Reputable
Assuming you bought it new its likely under warranty. You could try contacting cooler master to see if they'll replace the fan

Or outright return it if its still within its return period and go with a different cooler or try your luck on another one of the same model

Outside of that I don't think you can fix the fan itself if its something wrong with the fans motor

Solution