Question Coil whine since I changed the case fans. Why?

slideRzZjeH

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Hello boys and girls!

2 days ago I bought beQuiet Pure Wing case fans, because one of my old Arctic fans started wierd noise and I decided to switch them all then. Since that my GPU started coil whining under pressure. Before I have changed the fans there was no any coil whine just a little that you were able to hear if you put your ear to the case. But now it is really loud and annoying. I switched back the fans to my old Arctic ones and the GPU is still whining. I have not changed anything. Samde driver, same cables, everything is the same and I am not doing anything or unplugged anything just switched the case fans. My GPU is an Asus Rog Strix Vega 56.

I have tried to lower the powerlimit, the clock rate, but nothing helped. I figured out it is only doing it on this high level when I play Modern Warfare. I capped the FPS but I have to cap it under 60 to solve this whining thing. My PSU is a Seasonic Focus Gold 550FX with a Ryzen 5 3600. My old Arctic fans was PWM fans like my new BeQuiet fans.

I hope you can give me some advice to solve this issue.

Thank you for your help and answers!

ChevetteSCx

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Just to clarify...is what you are hearing a high pitched, singing whine, like the sound a bad bearing makes?
...or is it a low pitched humming noise, like you sometimes hear from a flourescent light fixture?