Apr 10, 2019
Hi, i got a strange noise from my GPU while in-game/under loar, in idle state its 100% silent, noise sound depends on the FPS and V-Sync helps in some games, it reduces the noise but not completely

Power supply and GPU was tested on another system and it was fine, i've tested them separately and in pair in every case that was fine and no noise at all, I've changed power supply cables, tried to connect gpu via 2 different power cables and nothing can help with this noise.
GPU was tested with a noname 500w PSU and was perfectly fine, also GPU and PSU in pair on another MB worked silent. I dont know if its possible but seems the problem is in my new motherboard(B450 Tomahawk).

Here is the specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X
CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith MAX
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB(8x2)
Storage: A-Data Gammix XPG S11 512GB
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX960 Windforce
Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650W

Thanks in advance with your answers!

Solution
Most of the time, the problem is from the PSU or GPU.

Keep in mind, there is nothing wrong with a PC that has coil whine, if you had the headphone during the games, you may not hear it at all. If you have to buy other part, try to google with the name of the product and the model + Coil Whine, sometime you may find some info, like the complaints from other user, etc. If you can't find that info, you should be fine to buy it.

Keep in mind, there is nothing wrong with a PC that has coil whine, if you had the headphone during the games, you may not hear it at all. If you have to buy other part, try to google with the name of the product and the model + Coil Whine, sometime you may find some info, like the complaints from other user, etc. If you can't find that info, you should be fine to buy it.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution
Apr 10, 2019

Thanks again, anyway was planning to buy new GPU(previous one was just for test), gonna report how it will work with new one.