Question Coil whine

Antic45

Reputable
Feb 11, 2020
Hello guys.
I have just bought 6750xt strix variant and its got coil whine.
Its not too loud but I hate it, what should I do to fix it because my ears are too sensitive to sounds like that.
I think if I RMA it I will get same problem and I dont know what to do.

Antic45

Reputable
Feb 11, 2020
Yes I double checked and its GPU for sure, but there is no way I'm going to RMA it because seller told me it can take up to two months... I guess I just have to live with that...
What do you think, will it go away after some time and should I max it too 100% and let it sit for couple of hours?

What do you think, will it go away after some time
No, it won't

and should I max it too 100% and let it sit for couple of hours?
No effect, unless it's used some kind of thermal glue to keep the windings steady - and I've never seen that being done.

As you may guess, this isn't a problem that will go away by itself anytime soon.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Sooo... What should I do?
Technical modification - probably nothing. The high pitch sound itself may be subdued by covering it with thermal glue - however this can in turn lead to overheating because heat cannot easilly ecape and thus shortening life time and possibly void the warranty.

What to do against the place you purchased it from will strongly depend on your location and thus your rights as a customer.

Antic45

Reputable
Feb 11, 2020
I bought of some reputable guy in my country that I buy from for years but shop that sells to him said they dont do rma for coil whine. I contacted asus but Im still waiting for my answer. Btw GPU is brand new.