Cold Boot issue with system for 3 years

penedog

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
So here is my issue. On a cold boot my computer will boot all the way into windows, and run from anywhere to 5-20 min. If i do something even semi taxing on the computer (like watch youtube videos, or play a game) it will expedite the issue. the more taxing it is the faster the crash happens. My monitors will go blank. and i'll hear a audio loop like it's repeating the last sound over and over again. My GPU fans will sound like it's spinning at 100%. It will continue to do this until i give it a hard shutdown. No memory dump, no BSOD.

I've been having this issue ever since i built my computer back in 2015. I've been trouble shooting for a while now. I've replacing the hard drives, switched out the ram, reinstalled windows multiple times, reinstalled the realtek driver, replaced the power supply, and replaced GPU.

The only thing left that i haven't replaced is the mother board and CPU. I don't have another MB or CPU to troubleshoot with. It's also really hard to troubleshoot this because after the comp is warmed up it runs fine, and no test comes up with errors. I'v inspected the MB for any busted capacitors,I haven't been able to find any.

Any help will be much appreciated. I'm also new to forums so bare with me please.

Here is my comp setup:

- MSI MSI Gaming X99S Gaming 9 ACK LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99
- 32 GB Adata XPG Z1 DDR4 2800
- Intel Core i7-5930K
- MSI GTX 980
- 3X corsair force 120 GB ( was in raid but took it out of raid to troubleshoot)
- Corsair 1000w power supply

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Don't remember where,and probably here in a thread,but read that someone had similar issues. In his case there where very small cracks in the solder around the 24 pin connector on the motherboard where if warm the solder would have expanded enough to work fine ,where if the pc was still cold the pc might have problems since the solder wouldn't conduct power the right way (well guess this would give the problems).

So imo look at the motherboard first.The only way to tell for sure is to swap,so if having a pc repair store in the neighbourhood go there and see if they can test (or call them first for availability of this type of motherboard).