Sep 3, 2020
Hello everybody,

Since I built my pc, I have some cold boot problems. The pc doesn't turn on:

• When it stays off for a while (at least 3 hours)
  • When wakes after standy

The problem is the following: when I turn on my pc slowly shows the screen of my mother board (MSI) and then give "No Video Input" to my monitor, resulting in the VGA led (GPU fail or not detected), despite the fans are on and running. This forces me to force the shutdown of the pc and turn it back on. Once started the pc works perfectly. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

My configuration:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with Stock Cooler
  • MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
  • RAM: HyperX Fury HX432C16GB3K2/16 (2 x 8) GB 3200 MHz CL16
  • PSU: EVGA Gold 650
  • GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5600 XT Gaming OC 6G 6GB GDDR6
  • SSD: Sabrent SSD 512GB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA is the brand of the PSU and Gold is the 80+ rating of the unit while 650W is the wattage, what is the model of the unit? How old is the unit? EVGA tends to have good and bad PSU's in any of their lineups, which is why you might want to see if a donor PSU that is reliably built, borrowed from a friend or neighbor exhibits the same issue.

Might want to see which BIOS version your motherboard is currently on.

Sep 3, 2020
EVGA is the brand of the PSU and Gold is the 80+ rating of the unit while 650W is the wattage, what is the model of the unit? How old is the unit? EVGA tends to have good and bad PSU's in any of their lineups, which is why you might want to see if a donor PSU that is reliably built, borrowed from a friend or neighbor exhibits the same issue.

Might want to see which BIOS version your motherboard is currently on.

The PSU is new and bought from Amazon. It is

EVGA 650 GQ
210-GQ-0650-V2

And the link is https://www.amazon.it/dp/B017NW4P1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CkJuFbZH6VC00

While my Bios version of my Mobo should be 7B86vH6 released on 24 April 2020 (because the last one was still a Beta when i started to have those kind of problems)
Link at https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS