[SOLVED] Cold War brightness flickering.

Jul 24, 2021
Has anyone else experienced this? Around the edges of my monitor Im getting a slight flicker where the brightness appears to be constantly changing. I have an MSI MAG241C monitor (1080p 144hz) as my main monitor and then an old Samsung monitor as my other monitor (1080p 60hz). Both are running off of my 3060ti. I used Nvidia pendulum to test my gsync, at fullscreen it seems okay (very slight flicker occasionally) but in windowed its horrible, constant flickering. This happens even when im within the gsync range of my monitor. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Update in case anyone else is having this issue. I just realized it only happens with a video playing on a browser on my second monitor. Perhaps its because of the refresh rate difference when the GPU has to render 60 and 144hz at the same time.

EDIT: Solved now by overclocking my 60hz monitor to 72hz (multiple of 144). Can also be solved by downclocking 144hz to 120 if you don't have any OC headroom on your monitors.
Jul 24, 2021
Update in case anyone else is having this issue. I just realized it only happens with a video playing on a browser on my second monitor. Perhaps its because of the refresh rate difference when the GPU has to render 60 and 144hz at the same time.

EDIT: Solved now by overclocking my 60hz monitor to 72hz (multiple of 144). Can also be solved by downclocking 144hz to 120 if you don't have any OC headroom on your monitors.

Last edited:
Solution