[SOLVED] Cold War & Warzone stuttering ?

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Hi!

I'm facing random stuttering on these games and the issue seem to have no actual reason behind it.
My conclusion is based on that my CPU/GPU temperatures are very low, and fps stays consistently high with no significant drops, fps is 200-250 on average.
I disabled the Windows Game Mode which seemed to fix the issue a bit, but there is still some micro stutters from time to time.

Is anybody else having random stuttering with a high-end PC and is there any way to fix this?
I start to believe the issue is game based as my fps isn't dropping.

I have the latest NVIDIA drivers and Windows 10 is up to date.

Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10850K 5 GHz
GPU: RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL16
PSU: 750W

Solution
They appear randomly throughout the game. I only have SSD M2 which is running at 40 C. But I think I found out the reason.. it was NVIDIA DLSS, I disabled it completely, and I barely lost any frames and it feels kinda better..?

That could be it. If you chose the quality setting it may introduce stutters. Is there a difference if you set DLSS to performance? Does it increase or decrease the stutters? If you find that turning off DLSS stops it, then it could be a bug in the game engine, or how DLSS is implemented. Similarly I've had some games impacted when using DLSS. BV F for example. When using it (and having it using Geforce Experience - as that's the only way to turn the DLSS on for RTX3xxx series in that game) it introduced...
Hi!

I'm facing random stuttering on these games and the issue seem to have no actual reason behind it.
My conclusion is based on that my CPU/GPU temperatures are very low, and fps stays consistently high with no significant drops, fps is 200-250 on average.
I disabled the Windows Game Mode which seemed to fix the issue a bit, but there is still some micro stutters from time to time.

Is anybody else having random stuttering with a high-end PC and is there any way to fix this?
I start to believe the issue is game based as my fps isn't dropping.

I have the latest NVIDIA drivers and Windows 10 is up to date.

Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10850K 5 GHz
GPU: RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz CL16
PSU: 750W

Hey there,

What motherboard are you running the system on? Have you updated the bios. This can sometimes fix issues with RTX cards.

I suspect your stuttering is to do with frame times. You can run MSI afterburner OSD and set it to show your FPS/GPU-CPU temps, usage and also show frametime. The stuttering possibly happens with frametime spikes, so you will see it clearly.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Hey there,

What motherboard are you running the system on? Have you updated the bios. This can sometimes fix issues with RTX cards.

I suspect your stuttering is to do with frame times. You can run MSI afterburner OSD and set it to show your FPS/GPU-CPU temps, usage and also show frametime. The stuttering possibly happens with frametime spikes, so you will see it clearly.

I have the latest BIOS.
I will check those frametimes...
MB is MSI Z490-A PRO.

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
Not unusual.

What discs are you running? HDD/SSD? All okay? What about temps on the drives? You can see this with HWMon/Info (with sensors). Are the stutters throughout the game, or just at loading?

They appear randomly throughout the game. I only have SSD M2 which is running at 40 C. But I think I found out the reason.. it was NVIDIA DLSS, I disabled it completely, and I barely lost any frames and it feels kinda better..?

That could be it. If you chose the quality setting it may introduce stutters. Is there a difference if you set DLSS to performance? Does it increase or decrease the stutters? If you find that turning off DLSS stops it, then it could be a bug in the game engine, or how DLSS is implemented. Similarly I've had some games impacted when using DLSS. BV F for example. When using it (and having it using Geforce Experience - as that's the only way to turn the DLSS on for RTX3xxx series in that game) it introduced some stuttering. But other games DLSS works fine with no stuttering.

Good spot on finding the cause.

Solution

jnxzi94

Commendable
Jul 13, 2021
That could be it. If you chose the quality setting it may introduce stutters. Is there a difference if you set DLSS to performance? Does it increase or decrease the stutters? If you find that turning off DLSS stops it, then it could be a bug in the game engine, or how DLSS is implemented. Similarly I've had some games impacted when using DLSS. BV F for example. When using it (and having it using Geforce Experience - as that's the only way to turn the DLSS on for RTX3xxx series in that game) it introduced some stuttering. But other games DLSS works fine with no stuttering.

Good spot on finding the cause.

It was set to "Balanced" and it barely increases fps that much and so it won't affect my gameplay.
Setting it to "Performance" decreases the quality way too much and introduces ghosting and weird artifacts when going lower than "Balanced".
Obviously it's a bug and glitch in the game engine or NVIDIA's side.
The game is crispy clean lookin' without it and I think it only causes harm.
I played a game with a lot smoother gameplay even though my fps was a tiny bit lower.
I think I will never use this feature again.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead