Question Collaboration software suggestions

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Our church is, unfortunately, a full "it-it's-microsoft-we'll use-it" shop. Since the key word in that is 'church' obviously we can't be spendthrifts. Our leadership wants to look into getting some type of collaboration software. Our IT provider provided us with an Office 365 on-line subscription so we do have access to Teams. I've looked at Slack and a few others. We also have Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive accounts. There would be up to 10 people at any one time logged in, using a mix of Windows 7/10, Linux, and macOS. About 7 of them would be remote. Everyone has access to a computer with a camera & microphone.
We're located in Ohio, the home of "wait ten minutes if you don't like the weather" which is one reason for looking into collaboration software. I believe their hope is to not only have documents available for review and input but also have live editing.
I'd rightly appreciate any suggestions. Even though about two thirds of our leadership are engineers, they are mostly retired military. I mention the last tidbit to basically imply the KISS principal should be foremost.