collecting old cpu's

eggman21

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
what do you guys recommand? if the internet's used or junk yard, if one couldn't afford the newest cpu due to massive costings, suppose of this. is collecting old cpus is not a recommanded idea? i love to upload anime and save files of anime pics offline. but i do know some people out in the real world do upload some really bad stuff no offense :/

Solution
I normally keep CPU's up to after the Intel Pentium D days, and I keep up to the AMD Athlon 3500+ days, anything older I toss in the free box at work, and if I still can't get rid of it I send it off to the recycling place.

I don't even want to begin to tell ya how much CPU's I have, a lot of stuff like the Core 2 Duo's or Core 2 Quads I sell them for around $10 to $20 bucks, Same with the Althon x2 x3 and x4s and Phenom x2 x3 and x4s. Now I do have a few Q9550 Phenom 2's like the 955 or 960t that I sell for $50 just because they are still sorta relevant CPU's performance wise.

I can tell ya the box I keep them in is about 20lbs, they get heavy.

USAFRet

Titan

Collecting old CPU's? Unless you are starting a museum, why?
And what does that have to do with anime?

eggman21

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

yeah. truth be told is i wanted to download collection of anime pics offline. my personal cpu died. i'm borrowing my mom's until i get a new one. i want to do that becuase it cheers me up but my mom might not like anime due to alot of it either ecchi or have some form of hentai in it.

USAFRet

Titan

Are you talking about the CPU as in the 2cm x 2cm little block of silicon, or the "cpu" as in the whole big PC box thing?

I normally keep CPU's up to after the Intel Pentium D days, and I keep up to the AMD Athlon 3500+ days, anything older I toss in the free box at work, and if I still can't get rid of it I send it off to the recycling place.

I don't even want to begin to tell ya how much CPU's I have, a lot of stuff like the Core 2 Duo's or Core 2 Quads I sell them for around $10 to $20 bucks, Same with the Althon x2 x3 and x4s and Phenom x2 x3 and x4s. Now I do have a few Q9550 Phenom 2's like the 955 or 960t that I sell for $50 just because they are still sorta relevant CPU's performance wise.

I can tell ya the box I keep them in is about 20lbs, they get heavy.

Solution

Huh?

If you are talking about me, Well I do run a computer repair business, so stuff that's somewhat worth keeping, I keep it so I don't have to buy it later down the road....