College Student Technology - Going Electronic!

Acps87

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
I start college next week and I have a few decisions to make. Buying textbooks from the Bookstore and notebooks at K-Mart are no longer the only options, or even the most efficient!

I already have an Acer Chromebook, which I absolutely love, its compact and light, and does everything I need it to do when not at a PC. I also have an iPad Air 2 as well.

So my questions are 2 part in reference to above, what are the best ways to utilize technology to rent E-Books from Amazon, and second the best way to take notes digitally via a stylus setup?

I don't really see myself using a chromebook to type notes, just yet, I would much rather find a setup to be able to write them down using a stylus and have them saved and possibly transcribed to text for later use. Obviously I could use my iPad for this, but that would make it difficult if I would be using the iPad to store/read my eBooks for class.

So what I am stuck at looking for is something that I can connect via USB to my chromebook, or via bluetooth to my iPad, the latter being preferred. Possibly a trackpad or stylus pad that I could use to scribe my notes with a stylus?

I have considered maybe just buying an iPad Mini to use for my eBooks, and the iPad as a stylus notepad. However that seems like a total waste of resources.

So I am reaching out to see if anyone has any other ideas or solutions they might have!

Thanks in advance for the help! Much Appreciated!

~Acps

arghya139

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 27, 2010
I studied mostly math at the university and there was nothing better than the plain old pencil and the paper notebook, since the transcription of the formulas is close to impossible and lecture notes basically consisted of them. So my advice, start college and see what you need, don't rush now.