Color Laser AIO suggestions?

ckeegan

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
My first color laser was the Dell 3110cn and then I (mistakenly) decided to go with the Samsung CLX-6220FX, which just died after only 2 years and 4 months. To make matters worse, the print head on my backup Canon MP730 Inkjet AIO just gave up this morning.

Anyway, I have been doing some hardcore research for the past few days, and was wondering what everyone's suggestions were for a color laser AIO. I have to make a decision by tomorrow, since I really need it delivered during the first part of next week. As a Realtor, having no printer is challenging to say the least.

Here's a little bit about my criteria:

- $750 absolute top budget (well, OK, maybe there is a little play in that)
- Very Good or Great picture quality for flyers, brochures, and postcards (I'm a Realtor)
- Decent Operating Costs (clearly I don't need the printer with the highest costs)
- Wi-Fi built-in would be great, but not required with my current setup
- Auto-Duplexing would be nice, but not necessarily a deal breaker
- Good at envelope printing, which the Samsung was horrible
- Speed is not a huge issue, but clearly I don't want the slowest printer ever made

Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it.

qiwibunni

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Hi~

I just bought a Brother HL-3045CN, I have read many good things about it (including small business use). maybe you can take a look?

I purchased it for only $162 (shipping included) on Amazon.ca ~

Hope this helps...

Kyrra

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
I'm currently in the same boat ckeegan. One piece to notice, the Dell 2155cdn is the same as the Xerox WorkCentre 6505dn. They have a little different exterior shell, but the are the same otherwise. (though, toner and other components may not be compatible between the 2 as Dell likes to make sure you buy components through them).

The HP M475dw has more overall features than the Dell 2155cdn, but you will pay the price for those features. The HP is half the speed than the Dell from the print tests done by PCWorld. As well, there seem to be a number of 3rd-party compatible toners for the 2155cdn (1/5 the cost of Dell branded toner), which would definitely keep the total cost of ownership low for the Dell.

I am leaning towards the 2155cdn due to toner prices. But it's a hard decision as each printer has their own strengths and weaknesses. If you want lots of pretty features, or better color photos, the HP seems to be the way to go. If you want a cheaper to operate machine that should just work, the Dell is the better way to go.