Color problem in printing (repost)

I tried to print some nice pictures using Canon i950.
When I use plain paper with "plain paper" as printing medium setting.
Colors printed and original on screen are almost the same.
I have no complain about it.

But whenever I use "any" photo glossy papers under medium settings other
than "plain paper"
(e.g,. from Photo Paper Pro to Glossy Photo Paper or High Resolution Paper),
the printed pictures are saturated with red (close to purple) color. I
checked nozzles and print head alignment. All are fine. No clogging was
found.

I am wondering whether anybody has similar experience and how this problem
could be fixed. Please advise me.

Satoshi

Paper settings are highly dependent upon the brand/type paper used.
Different papers need different settings, but my experiences are similar to
yours. I generally get better output using either plain or glossy settings
than I do with Photo Paper Pro or Glossy Photo Paper settings. You also need
to adjust color balance and ink intensity levels to compensate for the
purple tint. Perhaps the ultimate resolution would be to get custom printer
profiles or purchase a profiling application such as Profile Prism and use
it with Qimage.
--
Ron Cohen

"Satoshi" <machocraig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I tried to print some nice pictures using Canon i950.
> When I use plain paper with "plain paper" as printing medium setting.
> Colors printed and original on screen are almost the same.
> I have no complain about it.
>
> But whenever I use "any" photo glossy papers under medium settings other
> than "plain paper"
> (e.g,. from Photo Paper Pro to Glossy Photo Paper or High Resolution
> Paper), the printed pictures are saturated with red (close to purple)
> color. I checked nozzles and print head alignment. All are fine. No
> clogging was found.
>
> I am wondering whether anybody has similar experience and how this problem
> could be fixed. Please advise me.
>
> Satoshi

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.