[SOLVED] Color spiking, freeze and crashing with GTX 1070

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Its my 3rd year with ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC 8GB. There is no issue with any of my components and no electricity issue as well. Its been 4 months I started experiencing EGO dumper in F1 2020, crash and freeze and color spiking in Rocket League GTA V RDR II and even in small emulator games, videos are fine. Things I've tried so far:

Specs:
i5 6600K
GSkills 3200Mhz 16GB
Maximus Ranger VIII
CM PSU 650 Gold

Updated Bios for my Maximus Ranger VIII

XMP on and off

Installed fresh win 10 with new build

Rollbacking and updating drivers from 300s to 400s version

changing native resolution

changing cables

changing displays

changing ports

changing settings

cleaning pc and ports changing PCIE and RAM slots

No Thermal and Power issues as per stats no volts irregularities. Just a fine running card with this freezing crashing issue. Its not constant, whenever I make changes like drivers and settings. Games run smooth for 4 5 times and then problem reoccurs.

I've checked many forums but their issues are different, some have mine but unanswered. Kindly if anyone plz help. Make me sure if its the card itself dying or something else I can try.

Thank You Everyone in Advance!!!!!!

Solution
Found the issues. Its PSU not letting GPU to draw 100% power so I limited power draw to 80% and core clocks dropped but games are working no crash whatsoever. Gonna change PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
Coolermaster is the brand of the PSU and 650 is the wattage, while the Gold is the 80+ rating, it doesn't state the model for the PSU. Also is the PSU as old as the card or older? Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Is the issue on just the two games mentioned above or does this happen with other titles?

You might want to use DDU to remove your drivers and then use the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Install drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might want to run us by the BIOS version for your motherboard as well.

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Coolermaster is the brand of the PSU and 650 is the wattage, while the Gold is the 80+ rating, it doesn't state the model for the PSU. Also is the PSU as old as the card or older? Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Is the issue on just the two games mentioned above or does this happen with other titles?

You might want to use DDU to remove your drivers and then use the latest found off of Nvidia's support site. Install drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

BIOS updated to 3802

Win 10 2004

PSU is as old as my card

Cooler Master CS650M is the model

YESYES I ve tried removing it thru DDU in safe mode and reinstalling nee drivers.

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Yes having issues in other games as well (non steam games such as assissn's creed far cry etc) EVERY GAME

taimoorali007

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Also when i tried to run benchmark on 3dmark it gave me this issue:

Workload single init returned error message: DXGI call IDXGISwapChain::SetFullscreenState failed:

The requested functionality isnt supported by the device or the driver.