[SOLVED] Colored dots appear all over the screen in 3D games on RX 5600XT

Dec 11, 2020
I'm having an annoying issue with my PC. I had it a while ago in rdr2, when it suddenly appeared after many hours of playing and now i'm having it in cyberpunk 2077. It looks like colored dots and glares that flicker all over the screen. Then, after a few minutes game simply crashes. Other games seem to work well. I'm pretty sure those are GPU artifacts, but i have no idea about how to fix it. I've tried changing ingame settings, updating drivers and switching to earlier driver version. None of these helped. Any ideas?
My setup:
CPU: ryzen 5 3600;
GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 xt;
PSU: Chieftec Proton 650w;
RAM: 16 gb;
Here's someone with similar problem:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDfww6JtAtE

Solution
Artifacting usually means a dying GPU. You can get away for some time if you underclock the gpu mostly in memory clocks but it's not guaranteed to work.

You can also confirm it by using your gpu in another system and see if the problem still exists.
Dec 11, 2020
I have RX 5600 XT as well and have been facing a different issue lately, my screen keeps going black when playing games. Are you using AMD Radeon software by any chance? I'm beginning to think the new update might have caused some issues.

Dec 11, 2020
I have RX 5600 XT as well and have been facing a different issue lately, my screen keeps going black when playing games. Are you using AMD Radeon software by any chance? I'm beginning to think the new update might have caused some issues.
I thought like this as well. Switching to earlier version didn't help me though.

Artifacting usually means a dying GPU. You can get away for some time if you underclock the gpu mostly in memory clocks but it's not guaranteed to work.

You can also confirm it by using your gpu in another system and see if the problem still exists.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS