[SOLVED] Colored line vertical on HP w2207

Jan 2, 2019
I found this monitor and a line was on there it started out pink then it went to blue and now it is changing depending on what is shown on the screen it even goes away completely on some colors. This does not bother my work but it changes colors also when I tilt the monitor and I know it is not a computer problem, I have multiple computers and it shows up when the computer is not connected. I also use ubuntu, any answers? I added some pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RDfxSHNaw4gpFWid6

Solution
This is a defect in the LCD panel. I've had to test thousands of LCD screens for quality (we sell a lot of laptop and tablet screens) and have seen line issues like this plenty of times. It's caused by either a defect in the circuit traces going to that row of pixels or by an extremely small fracture in the glass. Unfortunately, the only fix is to replace the LCD panel.

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
This is a defect in the LCD panel. I've had to test thousands of LCD screens for quality (we sell a lot of laptop and tablet screens) and have seen line issues like this plenty of times. It's caused by either a defect in the circuit traces going to that row of pixels or by an extremely small fracture in the glass. Unfortunately, the only fix is to replace the LCD panel.

Solution