Question Colors off on Asus VG24V

nerfyou

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
I just got a new Asus VG24V and somethings off with the colors. Most things look good, but somethings not right with the yellow. I've tried hooking it up to either of the HDMI ports with an HDMI cable I had, as well as the supplied DisplayPort cable. I have the latest drivers for the 750ti and 550ti I have tried this on.(laugh away!) I've installed the driver for the monitor from Asus's website. I've also tried using the sRGB setting in Color Management. I've tried it set at 60hz and 144hz in Windows. I've tried all kinds of setting combinations on the monitor. Nothing seems to help. I've included some examples of what the colors look like. R:TW II has some of the noticeable examples, but it's not the only game that suffers from this.

Screencap from R:TW2
Phone pic of screen of same image

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

nerfyou

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
I bought it online. I should have know better. I have bought monitors before retail and was glad I did for this exact reason. I do believe it is the monitor, and needs to be replaced, but I’m not an expert. I’m emailing with Asus to see if they can come up with any to info, but I have my doubts. I will probably be returning it and getting a last minute “cyber Monday” deal retail!

TRENDING THREADS