[SOLVED] Colour confusion on sound jacks

Lynnzer

Reputable
Feb 2, 2016
Just installed a comprehensive upgrade. New ASROCK B450 Gaming K4 motherboard with Ryzen 5/3600 and a couple of 8GB memory sticks.
Couple of problems need sorting out. Let's start with the sound.
I have an old Logitech Z506, 5.1 speaker system that used to have the leads plugged into the actual soundcard that came with it. Couldn't use it on my old MB as there wasn't a slot for it. So I had the leads plugged into the 3 jack plugs on the MB instead and I had it working fine in 5.1 though I think it may have been the setup I made somewhere along the line. Anyway, it worked.

The new MB has the standard input jacks coloured pink, green and blue. However the leads on the speakers are black, yellow (perhaps orange) and green.
Which lead goes to which input?
I tried all the combinations but can't get things right. Whichever way I plug them in I have the main woofer and one of the other speakers not working.

The leads to the woofer which is the main control unit are plugged in as follows:
The green is plugged in to the 6ch audio in green jack: the yellow (orange is plugged in to the right stereo jack and the black is plugged in to the left stereo jack.
Pictures showing the connections:
Rear of the Logitech Z506 is here
and the rear of the computer connections are here.