Question Coloured screen crashes after new graphics card

Jun 8, 2020
I purchased a new GTX 1650 and after I installed it, I started having frequent crashes. The crash caused my screen to turn a single colour, sometimes blue or white or black, and microphone, keyboard, and mouse input stop working. The issue only happens on monitors directly connected to the graphics card; any monitors connected to the motherboard keep working. I've had this issue for over a year now and it's prevented me from using my new graphics card for more intensive games and VR. I'd be happy to answer any question you have about what's happening. Thanks in advance!

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
PC Specs?
Did you have a GPU before the 1650? I assume you have an integrated graphics of some sort since you mentioned you can connect monitors to the motherboard.
Are your drivers up to date?

Jun 8, 2020
PC Specs?
Did you have a GPU before the 1650? I assume you have an integrated graphics of some sort since you mentioned you can connect monitors to the motherboard.
Are your drivers up to date?
Before the 1650, I had a GT 1030, and I've checked all my drivers. They're all the most recent ones. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling them to no avail.
Here are my specs by the way:
Intel i5-7400
ASUS H110M-C for the motherboard
Corsair CX650M Power Supply (I bought this after I thought my old one wasn't supplying enough power)
Arctic Freezer 11 LP CPU Cooler
1TB Hard Drive, I think it's Seagate?
Hope that helps!

Strafez

Prominent
May 22, 2020
Before the 1650, I had a GT 1030, and I've checked all my drivers. They're all the most recent ones. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling them to no avail.
Here are my specs by the way:
Intel i5-7400
ASUS H110M-C for the motherboard
Corsair CX650M Power Supply (I bought this after I thought my old one wasn't supplying enough power)
Arctic Freezer 11 LP CPU Cooler
1TB Hard Drive, I think it's Seagate?
Hope that helps!
I'm sure you plug in your video cables to the GPU when using it obviously. This hasn't occurred on the GT 1030? It could possibly be a bad video card. Do you have any way to test the card on another system or maybe another monitor? Temps could probably be a factor as well.

Jun 8, 2020
I'm sure you plug in your video cables to the GPU when using it obviously. This hasn't occurred on the GT 1030? It could possibly be a bad video card. Do you have any way to test the card on another system or maybe another monitor? Temps could probably be a factor as well.
Like I said, I have two monitors and the same effect happens on both. I could ask my friend if I could do some testing on his PC, too. Additionally, I don't think that it's a bad video card, as I actually got it replaced after the first few crashes, and they kept happening.
I've also used MSI Afterburner to monitor my temps as I played games, and nothing seems to be overheating. The CPU cooler is somewhat recent too, as I got it after thinking my CPU was overheating.

TRENDING THREADS