inadequatefox

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
My PC was built just yesterday, and everything works fine, except the colours of only some programs e.g. comparing an image in Firefox and Windows Photos shows that Firefox is more washed out and faded. Even weirder is that only some parts of Firefox are faded. Its not just Firefox that has faded and washed out elements too. I've tried reinstalling drivers, making sure HDR is turned off and using a different cable, but the problem still persists. It's not a monitor problem either as I've tested it with a different computer and wasn't able to replicate the issue. Taking a screenshot of a faded element and viewing the screenshot on a different device also shows it to be faded. The graphics I've got on my system are Intel UHD Graphics 630 and I'm using HDMI. The motherboard is a Gigabyte z590 Vision G.

Solution
Hi,

you can try to change the resolution and run CustomModeApp.exe manually ( Win+R).
Be sure of your parameter:
Width: 1920
Height: 1080
Refresh Rate 60
Color Deep: 32Bit
Interlaced mode: NO
and make sure the Timing Standard is CVT-RB(very important).

Also, try with another HDMI or, simply some apps just don't support this graphic card and you cannot do much, unfortunately.

Let me know if you managed!
Nov 11, 2021
Hi,

you can try to change the resolution and run CustomModeApp.exe manually ( Win+R).
Refresh Rate 60

Also, try with another HDMI or, simply some apps just don't support this graphic card and you cannot do much, unfortunately.

Solution

inadequatefox

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
Hi,

Refresh Rate 60

After doing some troubleshooting, I'm certain its a graphics problem. I think you are correct in that apps just don't support the graphics, but I have noticed that in the split second of starting an affected app/program up, the colours look normal and unfaded, before it goes back to being washed out. I'm not too bummed about it though since I'm only using integrated graphics as a temporary solution to the GPU shortages. I might try using DisplayPort instead to see if that fixes the problem, but I unfortunately don't have a cable lying around. Thanks for your help anyway!

Reactions: Gerald.nsn