[SOLVED] Combine lan and wifi speed on the same router

Dec 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

my ISP gave me a great offer for 150 mbps internet (now I have 100). However, my (pretty old, I know) laptop only has 100 mbps lan port and about 54 mbps wifi. Is it possible to combine the two connections from the same router to get the maximum speed out of my new internet (or at least more than 100 mbps that I currently have), ideally without any additional software? The router is ubee EVW32C-0N.

I've read some tutorials on the internet, but they don't seem to work at all. I'm no expert, but I'm unsure if it's even possible to do this.

If there's any additional inf you need, please let me know.

Thanks.

Solution
Apparently, it is possible, but not from the same Internet source. So as an example, you'd have to use your ISP for Ethernet and a neighbor's WiFi or your cell phone as a hotspot.

Regardless, I don't think your PC can do this on it's own (not Windows specific software) and you would need a third party app to combine the two signals.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Apparently, it is possible, but not from the same Internet source. So as an example, you'd have to use your ISP for Ethernet and a neighbor's WiFi or your cell phone as a hotspot.

Regardless, I don't think your PC can do this on it's own (not Windows specific software) and you would need a third party app to combine the two signals.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Dec 22, 2018
No, you can't combine the speeds easily. And your 54Mbit WIFI will only give you about 30Mbit throughput. You need to buy a new router to get the speeds you are paying for.

I think you misunderstood. The router can handle the speed. It's my laptop that cannot. On my desktop PC, I'm having 300 mpbs easily via lan and 120+ mpbs with wifi card, but the laptop hardware is limited to 100 mbps on lan and about 54 mbps on wifi.

-Wolf sends

Why not from the same source though? What's the difference?

I'd like to learn more about this, but like 99% of the info I find on the internet is either: yes you can do this by paying the software X (which is what I'd like to avoid), yes you can do it without software (but none of them work), or no you can't do it (but without any explanation why).

kanewolf

Titan
I think you misunderstood. The router can handle the speed. It's my laptop that cannot. On my desktop PC, I'm having 300 mpbs easily via lan and 120+ mpbs with wifi card, but the laptop hardware is limited to 100 mbps on lan and about 54 mbps on wifi.
If your laptop is the limiting factor then your only option would be a USB adapter. If your laptop has USB3 ports, you could get full bandwidth. USB2 would be close to your desktop performance.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Why not from the same source though? What's the difference?

This is what I found out about it. Seems you cannot have the same upward path.

-Wolf sends

TRENDING THREADS