[SOLVED] Combining my old ram with the new one

Apr 4, 2020
So i have a ddr3 ram which is team Group.Inc and Kingston. Both are the same speed and 4gb. my question is that why is my newly bought ram not reading and when i check my installed memory is says 8gb but only 3.42 usable. And then i checked memory diagnostic it says hardware problem so it may seems that my newly bought ram is faulty so i refund my ram with a new one and it still says hardware error anyways can some one help me im new to this stuff and i thought i can make my pc faster by my own.

Solution
elite plus u-dimm ddr3 1600mhz and Kingston Value (KVR16N11S8/4) RAM 4GB 1600MHz
the other ram say single rank while kingston says dual rank. Is that suppose to be a thing?
Ah, this will do it. Both modules, while they don't have to be part of a set or the exact same brand, etc, should be same in construction and speed. If you get another one of either modules and run those two as dual they will probably work fine.
Apr 4, 2020
elite plus u-dimm ddr3 1600mhz and Kingston Value (KVR16N11S8/4) RAM 4GB 1600MHz
the other ram say single rank while kingston says dual rank. Is that suppose to be a thing?

Ah, this will do it. Both modules, while they don't have to be part of a set or the exact same brand, etc, should be same in construction and speed. If you get another one of either modules and run those two as dual they will probably work fine.

Solution