[SOLVED] Combining two 500 GB hard drives to get a single 1 TB partition

Aug 14, 2019
Currently I'm running two 500 HDDs, one with the OS and apps on the other. However, game libraries are hard to split on two disks and I cant merge them. I also dont wanna lose the current data such as game installations. Is there a way to merge the two disks and partitions while not affecting current data or the Windows 10?

Solution
You cannot merge the two disks as they are, you would have to format them both entirely to configure them to a RAID. There is a process called tiering however, this is where you combine two drives with one drive being the 'fast' one (an ssd) which is used as the read and write drive which writes all the data to the 'slow' drive (an HDD). And thus you get SSD speeds on an HDD with the added HDD storage size.

But to reiterate there is nothing you can do at this stage in terms of combing your drives as is. You can control where your games are installed though, steam and uplay and other launchers always allow you to custom choose an installation folder, and you are indeed allowed to have more than one.
You cannot merge the two disks as they are, you would have to format them both entirely to configure them to a RAID. There is a process called tiering however, this is where you combine two drives with one drive being the 'fast' one (an ssd) which is used as the read and write drive which writes all the data to the 'slow' drive (an HDD). And thus you get SSD speeds on an HDD with the added HDD storage size.

But to reiterate there is nothing you can do at this stage in terms of combing your drives as is. You can control where your games are installed though, steam and uplay and other launchers always allow you to custom choose an installation folder, and you are indeed allowed to have more than one.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
"...while not affecting current data or the Windows 10"

I do not believe so.

Steam (and I believe Origin) can easily utilize multiple drives.
Steam games location
In the steam client:
Steam
Settings
Downloads
Steam Library Folders
Add library folder
q24sFfe.png

The real solution, however, is only $55 away.
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16822184773