Question Combining two EXACT same gaming PC into one super fast PC?

FrozenHonors

Reputable
Oct 1, 2016
First off: I looked through the threads on this forum before I made a new post, so please don't tell me to refer to another thread (they don't answer my specific question).

Now, let's begin.

Situation: I have two of the exact same gaming PC (one from me, one from my dad). It's now showing it's age, and I'm interested in combining the two (exact) same PCs into a (slightly) better one.

Question: What exactly can I combine, and what CANT I combine? (keep in mind that the two PCs are exactly the same... so they have the same components for both PC in every single way).

I'm a total noob so I dont really know the terminology, but guide me along here.

I'm assuming I can combine the memory storage from both computers (1 TB + 1 TB = 2 TB).
What about cores? Can I add quad core + quad core to become 8-core???
And RAM? (IDK what is RAM, but can I combine the RAM of both computers into one super PC?)
I'm assuming I cant combine both motherboards? Mine is a SSD drive for both computers.
I'm not sure if I can combine both graphics cards (graphics card 1 + graphics card 2?)
What can I combine (additively 1 + 1 = 2) and what will I have to discard (i.e. those that I cant combine, I'll have to throw away, eg if I cant add two motherboards into one pc, then I'll just throw one of the motherboards away and keep the single remaining one).

I got two exact PC, but since I am only keeping one "super PC", I will only retain one case that currently has like, empty slots or something. Not sure if I can "plug" and cannibalise the components of one pc into the empty slots of the other pc. What can I combine? CPU? Motherboard? Memory? Storage? Video card?

Last edited:

rgd1101

Don't
I'm assuming I can combine the memory storage from both computers (1 TB + 1 TB = 2 TB).
You can use multiple storage device

What about cores? Can I add quad core + quad core to become 8-core???
nope

And RAM? (IDK what is RAM, but can I combine the RAM of both computers into one super PC?)
depend on the motherboard

I'm assuming I cant combine both motherboards? Mine is a SSD drive for both computers.
correct. and so your pc and your dad pc is not the same?

I'm not sure if I can combine both graphics cards (graphics card 1 + graphics card 2?)

What can I combine (additively 1 + 1 = 2) and what will I have to discard (i.e. those that I cant combine, I'll have to throw away, eg if I cant add two motherboards into one pc, then I'll just throw one of the motherboards away and keep the single remaining one).

full system spec of both system. include make and model of the psu

FrozenHonors

Reputable
Oct 1, 2016
You can use multiple storage device

nope

correct. and so your pc and your dad pc is not the same?

full system spec of both system. include make and model of the psu

Both PCs are exactly the same.

ASUS motherboard, 1 TB data storage, 16 GB ram? Quad core. Liquid cooling.
Idk what I'm staring at, but I see words printed on the various components lmao.
GXII 750W. Corsair. Maximus VII hero.

FrozenHonors

Reputable
Oct 1, 2016
exact model of the motherboard?

16 GB ram?
what the ? for

so one is ranger/ the other is Maximus motherboard. how is that exactly the same?
Sorry both are maximus. I misspoke.
Actually I'm so confused right now cuz I dont know anything about computers haha. I think I'll just bring them down to a shop and get the mechanic to combine whatever parts then throw the rest or something. I honestly dont even know what I'm staring at tbh. Thanks for your help tho.

It is unlikely that there is any meaningful way to combine two pc's.
You might be able to upgrade one to be a super gamer.
It depends on where you are starting from.
Make/model of the parts is an essential bit of information.
In particular, cpu, gpu motherboard and ram detailed make/model specs.