[SOLVED] Combining two partitions into one

Nickjoshuablock

Commendable
Apr 8, 2019
I have this old HDD (1tb) and, for some reason, partitions have been made. C (~250GB used) has the OS and some programs and D (~400GB used) has many programs and media. Because I am upgrading to an SSD (1tb), I want to fix this by making everything to be in the same partition. How should I go about this? I am using the Windows Backup and Restore method.

How do you combine data from C and D partitions into one and move that into a new drive?

My idea is to restore the C partition then manually add back all the programs in the D partition in the proper folders by redownloading. Pictures, videos, and music can simply be copy pasted, however this is a tedious task.

Do think my idea is the best option, or is there a better way of doing this? Thanks!

Solution
You will need to use a third party app like EASEUS Partiton to manage the partitions. The GUI is straight forward and intuitive.

Best backup all content from your 1TB in case the process goes south. Also, using Windows' Disk Manager Utility would still entail you to backup all your important data.

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to use a third party app like EASEUS Partiton to manage the partitions. The GUI is straight forward and intuitive.

Best backup all content from your 1TB in case the process goes south. Also, using Windows' Disk Manager Utility would still entail you to backup all your important data.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution

Nickjoshuablock

Commendable
Apr 8, 2019

Yes, I did back up everything to an external hard drive.
Because I have already backed up the individual partitions, I assume I have to use EASEUS Partiton on the HDD to merge the partitions. Once that is done, backup the HDD to external drive again as one single drive using Windows Backup and Restore, and restore everything onto my SSD. Is that right?