Comcast Fires Back Regarding Tor Browser Accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovah-chan

Honorable
I'm not sure if this is damage control. We all are aware that Comcast and TWC and Charter and AT&T ALL benefit from gathering user information and selling it to advertisers. It is true that Tor can be used to gain access to such illegal materials. I really wouldn't advise highlighting that Tor can be used to access that kind of stuff though. (don't want to give anyone any naughty ideas do we) Although really that's shying away from the whole truth and not dealing with the reality of the situation.

Anyways I would still try to avoid any major US ISPs if possible if you wish to stay anonymous and your information kept private.

puddleglum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
So where did this accusation come from? Was it from someone talking a Comcast employee speaking on his own behalf instead of on that of his company. Sounds that way if this doesn't reflect company policy.

dovah-chan

Honorable

Yeah who or what reported this and how did this exactly end up here on tom's if the sources weren't reliable enough? It seems like they're tripping over they're own shoelaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.