Comcast Internet + Dish Network TV + PS4 wired (how?)

Oct 28, 2018
I'm trying to help a friend of mine to get his PS4 connected via a wired connection, in some way, but he has a setup that I'm very unfamiliar with.

He has his PS4 in his basement, one floor down from his Comcast router. It connects via WiFi currently. There is coax in the room where he is. Normally, I'd say just go get a MoCA adapter and use that to connect the two. However, he uses Dish Network for his TV service and the Hoppers and Joeys use the coax in his house. He has a Joey box right where his PS4 is, connected to the coax. The Hopper connects to the Comcast router via WiFi.

I'm not sure how he can accomplish what he wants to do. I'm not familiar with enough with how satellite behaves over coax or the Dish equipment. His Comcast service reaches his router via coax, but I'm still not sure whether that means the coax in his basement is connected, anything. I'm just not sure what all the implications are. Could he just split the Coax in the basement and connect a MoCA adaptor that would reach back to his Comcast router? Would Dish have isolated or somehow disconnected the Comcast router from the rest of the coax in the house? Issues like this are where I'm lost.

I realize this is vague, so any general ideas or information are welcome. I appreciate any help anyone is able to offer.