Come and Get It! Windows 7 RC Released for Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Can we make this the last post of the Windows 7 hoopla? Seriously are there any more unimportant features left that can be posted?

Don't get me wrong, I will likely upgrade by end of year, but this is a bit out of hand right now.

G

I have installed The beta on less hardware than what is recommended and the experience is great... I find it more responsive than Windows XP!!! Will see if the RC does the same! Compared to vista that just took so long just to check some emails. My Mom seems to Love windows 7 too she never calls me for problems anymore... I'm a Mac fan, but this version looks promising! For once... great job Microsoft!!

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
I'm downloading it now and I'm getting very good speeds of 770 - 777 KB/s (64% done, started less than half an hour ago.)

I might ask: are they doing this download speed on purpose ? Well, of course not, there are too many factors diciding the download speed. But anyhow, it's a curious thing to have all these sevens :D

omarbadr36

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
[citation][nom]tpi2007[/nom]I'm downloading it now and I'm getting very good speeds of 770 - 777 KB/s (64% done, started less than half an hour ago.)I might ask: are they doing this download speed on purpose ? Well, of course not, there are too many factors diciding the download speed. But anyhow, it's a curious thing to have all these sevens[/citation]
770? wow

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]theuerkorn[/nom]Can we make this the last post of the Windows 7 hoopla? Seriously are there any more unimportant features left that can be posted?Don't get me wrong, I will likely upgrade by end of year, but this is a bit out of hand right now.[/citation]
I understand your feelings that there's a little bit of Windows 7 overload right now, but this new OS will be one of the most important things to happen to the PC industry in years. It's also one of the only interesting things happening in news right now. So, there will be more Windows 7 news coming because there's still progress to report on before it hits retail shelves, plus it's related to the industry that we cover here.

But I'll do what I can though to see if we can boost our coverage of the recent Mac OS X Snow Leopard beta just to keep things even. :p

Greatwalrus

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]I understand your feelings that there's a little bit of Windows 7 overload right now, but this new OS will be one of the most important things to happen to the PC industry in years. It's also one of the only interesting things happening in news right now. So, there will be more Windows 7 news coming because there's still progress to report on before it hits retail shelves, plus it's related to the industry that we cover here.But I'll do what I can though to see if we can boost our coverage of the recent Mac OS X Snow Leopard beta just to keep things even.[/citation]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dacman61

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
When are they going to drop the 32-bit versions of the OS?! We've had 64-bit hardware out there in the wild for many years now. It's time to say goodbye to anyone hanging on to their old 32-bit systems. I still have an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ PC that runs Windows XP just fine and will never plan on running anything newer on it because it is unnecessary for something that old. Does anyone else agree?

radiowars

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]dacman61[/nom]When are they going to drop the 32-bit versions of the OS?! We've had 64-bit hardware out there in the wild for many years now. It's time to say goodbye to anyone hanging on to their old 32-bit systems. I still have an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ PC that runs Windows XP just fine and will never plan on running anything newer on it because it is unnecessary for something that old. Does anyone else agree?[/citation]
I agree that we should, but it seems Microsoft WANTS two versions. Personally, I don't really mind, vause both are the same price. But better driver support gor 64bit would be nice.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Posting an article today that Windows 7 RC just had its public release simply had to be done. Sure, most of us already knew, but if someone missed the exact date or something, its a friendly reminder. theuerkorn needs to STFU. And Marcus, while there are some Mac people here, and as an IT Professional I try not to show preference on OS.... the bottom line is that Mac users are the minority here, and the coverage should be no where close to even. You don't have to try to force a Snow Leopard article, unless you think it'll have information that matters.

dacman61

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
[citation][nom]radiowars[/nom]I agree that we should, but it seems Microsoft WANTS two versions. Personally, I don't really mind, vause both are the same price. But better driver support gor 64bit would be nice.[/citation]

Yeah the 64-bit driver support is my main reason why we need to drop 32-bit Windows OS's so that it would force PC parts manufacturers to put more effort and focus on the 64-bit drivers exclusively.

Lockke

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Can you install win7 on a current vista install and dual boot? Or would you have to partition the drive first?

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
64-bit
9JBBV-7Q7P7-CTDB7-KYBKG-X8HHC
MT39G-9HYXX-J3V3Q-RPXJB-RQ6D7
RGQ3V-MCMTC-6HP8R-98CDK-VP3FM
GPRG6-H3WBB-WJK6G-XX2C7-QGWQ9
6JQ32-Y9CGY-3Y986-HDQKT-BPFPG

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]64-bit9JBBV-7Q7P7-CTDB7-KYBKG-X8HHCMT39G-9HYXX-J3V3Q-RPXJB-RQ6D7RGQ3V-MCMTC-6HP8R-98CDK-VP3FMGPRG6-H3WBB-WJK6G-XX2C7-QGWQ96JQ32-Y9CGY-3Y986-HDQKT-BPFPG[/citation]
More 64 bit:
MM7DF-G8XWM-J2VRG-4M3C4-GR27X
KGMPT-GQ6XF-DM3VM-HW6PR-DX9G8
6F4BB-YCB3T-WK763-3P6YJ-BVH24
C43GM-DWWV8-V6MGY-G834Y-Y8QH3

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Posting an article today that Windows 7 RC just had its public release simply had to be done. Sure, most of us already knew, but if someone missed the exact date or something, its a friendly reminder. theuerkorn needs to STFU. And Marcus, while there are some Mac people here, and as an IT Professional I try not to show preference on OS.... the bottom line is that Mac users are the minority here, and the coverage should be no where close to even. You don't have to try to force a Snow Leopard article, unless you think it'll have information that matters.[/citation]
I think you understood the first part of my comment in that news of the RC release just had to be done :D And I was just (half) kidding in the whole boosting Snow Leopard coverage. Of course if there's some really cool development in Snow Leopard that deserves to be highlighted, it will be. But Windows 7 is really the big thing happening right now in the industry and we're not about to ignore Windows 7-related news just because some people have had enough of it.

Thanks for reading and your support. :)

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]More 64 bit:MM7DF-G8XWM-J2VRG-4M3C4-GR27XKGMPT-GQ6XF-DM3VM-HW6PR-DX9G86F4BB-YCB3T-WK763-3P6YJ-BVH24C43GM-DWWV8-V6MGY-G834Y-Y8QH3[/citation]
Thanks for posting keys, but since all keys are free from Microsoft, there isn't much point.

Also, all keys obtained during the beta seem to work and activate just fine.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]Thanks for posting keys, but since all keys are free from Microsoft, there isn't much point.Also, all keys obtained during the beta seem to work and activate just fine.[/citation]
Just in case people download it via other site instead of M$ and don't want to register for a key

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]Just in case people download it via other site instead of M$ and don't want to register for a key[/citation]
True. Well, in that case, both 32-bit and 64-bit keys are interchangeable -- for anyone who is in need of key.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Lockke[/nom]Can you install win7 on a current vista install and dual boot? Or would you have to partition the drive first?[/citation]
Why wouldn't you have to install a new partition? You can't install 2 OSes on a single partition. It's not like it's difficult to make a new partition.

[nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]But I'll do what I can though to see if we can boost our coverage of the recent Mac OS X Snow Leopard beta just to keep things even.[/citation]
Hahaha. real funny.

You're kidding right?

...right?

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
I am downloading it now.

I said that I might skip win 7 as vista 64 is working well for me.

They got me with the new features of Media sharing. Including media center was smart and needed. Where the hell is H.264 support?

I have 5.5 TB to fill.

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Why wouldn't you have to install a new partition? You can't install 2 OSes on a single partition. It's not like it's difficult to make a new partition.[nom]Marcus Yam[/nom]But I'll do what I can though to see if we can boost our coverage of the recent Mac OS X Snow Leopard beta just to keep things even. Hahaha. real funny.You're kidding right?...right?[/citation]

Yes, you would have to create a new partition.

And if something is newsworthy for Snow Leopard, it's news. But yeah, for the most part I was kidding and it was in response to a complaint about there being too much Windows 7-related news on this site. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS