[SOLVED] Comet Lake tempratures

laker1706

Reputable
Jul 5, 2017
Hi guys.
I bought the I5 10600K and I've reached 84 degrees with it while gaming on stock settings.
I have a Noctua NH-U12S on it and 6 case fans which I will probably need to set up better for an improved airflow in my NX600 case.
I wonder what is the max temperature those CPUs can go? is it higher then most CPUs because they are just hotter? or I should keep it below 80 as well?

Solution
Their like the rest 100C is when they throttle down. For gaming I would rather the temp be in the 75C area.

If I remember correctly those pull about 180 watts fully loaded.

I have everything but the processor for mine no stock unless you get jacked on the price. Going to try to cool it with a Cryorig R1.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Their like the rest 100C is when they throttle down. For gaming I would rather the temp be in the 75C area.

If I remember correctly those pull about 180 watts fully loaded.

I have everything but the processor for mine no stock unless you get jacked on the price. Going to try to cool it with a Cryorig R1.

Solution
Hi guys.
I bought the I5 10600K and I've reached 84 degrees with it while gaming on stock settings.
I have a Noctua NH-U12S on it and 6 case fans which I will probably need to set up better for an improved airflow in my NX600 case.
I wonder what is the max temperature those CPUs can go? is it higher then most CPUs because they are just hotter? or I should keep it below 80 as well?

Many motherboard makers like to set ON things like MCE and said thats "stock"/"default", so my question will be, Do you know if MCE is enable on your mobo?

Is this a new build, with a clean install of Windows 10 and latest chipset drivers/bios?