So I came across command.dat for mame32plus and mame32fx. Looks like a
pretty good idea. Anyone use it? Comments? Any talk of it being added
to regular old mame32?

Oh, is this the homepage?
http://home.comcast.net/~plotor/command.html

--
Super Mike
"Mi asno querría un enano y un yate, por favor."

plenty of discussion about it on mameworld forums currently