Command prompt pop up

Solution
It sounds like one of those junk programs that try to update your drivers. Go to your programs list and uninstall anything related to Driver Setup Utility, unless it has a brand name in there like Intel, HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc. Afterward, make sure the folder C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility AND C:\ProgramData\packard bell\updater2 have been deleted. For safe measure, run Disk Cleanup from the Start Menu and you can safely delete all the check boxes.

brandonclone1

Honorable
Mar 26, 2014
It sounds like one of those junk programs that try to update your drivers. Go to your programs list and uninstall anything related to Driver Setup Utility, unless it has a brand name in there like Intel, HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc. Afterward, make sure the folder C:\Program Files\DriverSetupUtility AND C:\ProgramData\packard bell\updater2 have been deleted. For safe measure, run Disk Cleanup from the Start Menu and you can safely delete all the check boxes.

Solution

connelly2k

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

okay so i looked in my programme and seen acer driver utilities updater, dont think i have anything to do with acer so iv uninstalled so hopefully this is problem solved i hope to god it is

Kristijan_99

Commendable
May 13, 2016

And??? Did it worked?

connelly2k

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

It did yes cheers Bro

Kristijan_99

Commendable
May 13, 2016

I had the same problem the exact same text popped up and i deinstalled acer driver updater just like you. Now my problem is that its still popping up but now its without any text in it... *calls for help*

HazyDaze89

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016

OMG Thank you! This has been popping up every hour since I upgraded to 10 on July 8th and has been driving me crazy because it closes out of whatever game I am playing! I uninstalled DriverSetupUtility from my list of programs in control panel but could not find the Packard Bell folder. I could only find one for Acer, which was also mentioned in the command prompt, so I deleted that. Did this 5 or 6 hours ago and I have not noticed the prompt since then. No further issues. Thanks again!

Bloodpuma666

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

Followed these steps and found it fixed my problem also, THANK YOU! P.S. don't use slimdriver, this caused my problem.

Nikola_22

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016

THANK YOU BRO!