Question Command Prompt quickly opening and closing on startup.

AlmostNewbie

Reputable
Jul 6, 2017
Sometimes, command prompt flashes really quickly on startup and then closes. I can’t see the message so I don’t know what it says.
Adding to this, while shutting down; I once saw a program preventing shutdown called something among the lines of “NETSCREENBROADCAST” and a bunch of numbers and symbols.
I run Kaspersky Free (forgot to resubscribe) and after numerous scans it tells me that everything is fine.
What do I do? Thank you all in advance.

Remeca

Reputable
Some programs set to start on system startup will run a cmd window as part of their normal operation. If you haven't installed sketchy pirated software, and have an active AV and firewall I wouldn't worry about it. If you're very curious, check and see which programs start up with the system, and disable any that you don't require, and see if it continues.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
A second of Remeca's observations.

My system, depending on how the startup process is going for the many different things that do start up upon system start, sometimes shows "quick flash" Command Prompt screens and sometimes doesn't. I know that these are parts of legitimate items that I will sometimes see and most times will not.

If you've got clean scans from your antivirus/security suite and have not recently (or ever) installed anything sketchy this is just something that can and does happen occasionally.