[SOLVED] command rate?

Solution
Yes, if it is automatically setting CAS to 16 and command rate to 2T, then LEAVE them that way, so long as everything is working correctly with them set like that. If you feel you NEED the lower odd numbered timings, then I'd suggest you take a read of this thread AND be prepared for a very lengthy stability verification process because even though those are intended to be run at those timings, they are intended to be run at those timings on an INTEL platform. None of the Ryzen based memory modules have odd numbered timings.

https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/793218-Gear-Down-Mode
Ryzen tends to prefer 2T timings, as well as even numbered primary timings especially on the CAS latency. There's a good chance those might not even run with odd numbered timings. Have you tried these with just setting the XMP profile already, and are having to manually configure them, or are they already running at the XMP profile settings and you are just trying to dial them in and tighten things up?

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
Ryzen tends to prefer 2T timings, as well as even numbered primary timings especially on the CAS latency. There's a good chance those might not even run with odd numbered timings. Have you tried these with just setting the XMP profile already, and are having to manually configure them, or are they already running at the XMP profile settings and you are just trying to dial them in and tighten things up?
the command rate i set to 1, but now that you say that i should set it back to 2??

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
that also explains why it kept setting the timings to cas 16 and command rate 2. should i put both back to that? even though the ram is rated at cas 15?

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
i also disabled geardown mode should i turn that back on?

Yes, if it is automatically setting CAS to 16 and command rate to 2T, then LEAVE them that way, so long as everything is working correctly with them set like that. If you feel you NEED the lower odd numbered timings, then I'd suggest you take a read of this thread AND be prepared for a very lengthy stability verification process because even though those are intended to be run at those timings, they are intended to be run at those timings on an INTEL platform. None of the Ryzen based memory modules have odd numbered timings.

Solution

packersfan036

Distinguished
May 27, 2015

thanks