Command Window won't stay open

This problem applies to the System Configuration Utiliy
window as well. When I type "command" into the "run"
box, the "command window" opens for a split second and
then closes. When I type in "msconfig", the System
Configuration Utility opens for a split second and then
closes. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to
fix this problem?

Thanks

[[When you open System Configuration Utility [MSCONFIG], Registry Editor or
Task Manager, they flash for a second and quit. This symptom is caused by
Viruses.]]

Task Manager, MSCONFIG, or REGEDIT disappear while opening
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ToolsQuit.htm

Free online virus scan

Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:d55001c43a0e$e9cff650$a101280a@phx.gbl,
cparham1938 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> This problem applies to the System Configuration Utiliy
> window as well. When I type "command" into the "run"
> box, the "command window" opens for a split second and
> then closes. When I type in "msconfig", the System
> Configuration Utility opens for a split second and then
> closes. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to
> fix this problem?
>
> Thanks

Thanks for the help. This is on a friend's computer and
I have already removed Klez and Sasser. I will use an
online scan to find the rest and remove them. I'll make
sure he gets some anti-virus software.

Thanks again!

Here's what I use and it's free.

Get Your AVG for free!
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

Whatever he ends up using, make sure it's kept up to date or it's worthless.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:d72901c43a81$efdc9760$a101280a@phx.gbl,
cparham1938 <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks for the help. This is on a friend's computer and
> I have already removed Klez and Sasser. I will use an
> online scan to find the rest and remove them. I'll make
> sure he gets some anti-virus software.
>
> Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS