Question Commander core driver error.

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
Hello,

Just finished building new pc, but i have an issue with Commander CORE that came with iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler, it wont install driver, device manager shows it as driver error. Googled so many different posts but none seems to be helping from those that i tried. Now pump and its fans work, but there is no way to tweak it as its not showing up in iCUE, it just stuck at useless for me liquid temp and rainbow wave setting. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

System:
MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Intel Core i7-12700KF
iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler
Kingston FURY (2x16GB) 3600MHz DDR4
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 (Place holder, don't shame me 😄)
Corsair HX Series 1000 watt
Windows 10

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
With pc off, try unplugging the commander from the usb port on the motherboard and then reinstall it. Then turn on pc. See if the device is recognized. It may take a couple of tries if it works at all.
It didn't work, did so already over course of few days as i kept getting more cable management parts and kept unplugging commander core on and off. One thing tho, while pc still boots, my pump and its 3 fans are white colour like rest of the case rgbs, but once i get to windows login screen, pump and its fans start rainbow rgbs while rest still stay white for little bit.

Killer0pro1

Commendable
Jun 26, 2020
Before post there are no programs running to set colors. After windows posts then the apps controlling rgb kick in. Have you tried both i cue downloads?
After trying icue legacy i got USB controller resources exceeded error. Could it be that usb connector just simply cant handle the heat, and i should find adapter for better connector? 🤔