[SOLVED] Commentary setup thoughts?

JakeG92

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I have a wrestling show coming up in a few days and we've just decided that we would like it recorded with live commentary.

Problem is, the mics everyone has at the minute pick up everything in the room, from running the ropes to bumps in the ring to people talking next to you.

What semi-decent and cheap microphones would be good for this sort of thing?

I have a Tascam DR-05 too so anything that could be plugged into there with a splitter would be amazing too!

Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Thanks!

Solution
Most commentary setups I worked with had a booth on a table to isolate the outside sounds from the commentators and also to isolate the rest of the people form the commentators. Any directional mic will be fine to use, the ones we use at work you can't hear much from them at all unless you are talking about 6 inches from the mic.

See if you guys can rig up something like this

IMG_4039_1000x430.jpg
Most commentary setups I worked with had a booth on a table to isolate the outside sounds from the commentators and also to isolate the rest of the people form the commentators. Any directional mic will be fine to use, the ones we use at work you can't hear much from them at all unless you are talking about 6 inches from the mic.

See if you guys can rig up something like this

IMG_4039_1000x430.jpg

Solution