[SOLVED] Comming back to PC gaming, help me to finish my build.

Patricio_1

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
Hi everyone.

Im currently comming back to PC Gaming after 3 years since I had to sell my last build.

So, ive come to this final build but I like some advice to see if there is a better option, since today there are SO many new cards and AMD is going strong also.

Mother: MSI Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU: i5 9600K
GPU: Raddeon RX 5600 XT or 5700 XT (Gonna purchase the GPU in another month)
RAM: 8GB LPX VENGEANCE 3000MHZ

First I was interested in a Ryzen 5 3600x but it doesnt have a iGPU and I need it for the first month till i bought the Raddeon card, and the price for this i5 is the same and also the FPS on games.

Also, the RTX 2060 SUPER cost the same as the 5700 XT here, AMD is a bit better, but Nvidia has raytracing, so...

HELP!

What do you guys think?

Solution
The Ryzen 3600 is another option you might consider, as it performs very close to a 3600X, though the X part comes with a better stock cooler if you care about that. The 9600K does not come with a cooler at all, so you need to figure in the price of an aftermarket cooler for that processor.

It's also probably worth getting 16GB of RAM (a 2x8GB kit), as many newer games already benefit from having more than 8GB of RAM, and that will only become more common in the future. You should get a 2-stick kit at the very least, as running only a single stick can impact performance a bit.

It might be worth considering something like this for the primary components...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core...
Hi everyone.

Im currently comming back to PC Gaming after 3 years since I had to sell my last build.

So, ive come to this final build but I like some advice to see if there is a better option, since today there are SO many new cards and AMD is going strong also.

First I was interested in a Ryzen 5 3600x but it doesnt have a iGPU and I need it for the first month till i bought the Raddeon card, and the price for this i5 is the same and also the FPS on games.

Also, the RTX 2060 SUPER cost the same as the 5700 XT here, AMD is a bit better, but Nvidia has raytracing, so...

HELP!

What do you guys think?

You could go on ebay and buy a cheap GPU like the GT710, GTX750ti and RX460, 550 etc which are pretty cheap these days and use it until you get the better card. I personally think Ryzen is a much better deal.

As far as GPUs, Nvidia is set to announce there next 3000 series cards pretty soon and although you have to take it with a grain of salt, they are suppose to be a significant jump in performance and lower cost.

The RX5700XT is a fairly large jump in performance over the 2060 Super in both 1080P and 1440P. There are plenty of benchmarks out there so it up to you.

Patricio_1

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
You could go on ebay and buy a cheap GPU like the GT710, GTX750ti and RX460, 550 etc which are pretty cheap these days and use it until you get the better card. I personally think Ryzen is a much better deal.

As far as GPUs, Nvidia is set to announce there next 3000 series cards pretty soon and although you have to take it with a grain of salt, they are suppose to be a significant jump in performance and lower cost.

The RX5700XT is a fairly large jump in performance over the 2060 Super in both 1080P and 1440P. There are plenty of benchmarks out there so it up to you.

I would LOVE to get the 3000 series from Nvidia, but we know how they are when it comes to prices... :(

Hi everyone.

HELP!

What do you guys think?

In my opinion, I wouldnt waste the money on an APU if your getting a GPU soon anyways.

APU's price for their hardware is split down the middle. Half of the price is the CPU side, and the other half is the GPU side. If you spend say 150-200$ on an APU, when you DO get your gpu, you will essentially be running that new GPU on a 80-100$ CPU as half of the APU will not be in use for what you paid for it.

Does that make sense? If not. Basically your only getting a 80-100$ cpu to run your GPU off of, but paying 150-200$ for it.

BUT it would depend on what he does if he would want the 5700xt over the super.

For content creators the 2060s has a MUCH better encoder for editing video, and although it isnt the greatest implementation of RT, it does still support RT as well. Also its much quieter and has lower temps.

The only reason to get a 5700xt over a 2060s is STRICTLY for MAX fps. Even the 2060s beats the 5700xt in quite a few games on its LOW fps numbers.

Patricio_1

Honorable
Jan 9, 2016
In my opinion, I wouldnt waste the money on an APU if your getting a GPU soon anyways.

APU's price for their hardware is split down the middle. Half of the price is the CPU side, and the other half is the GPU side. If you spend say 150-200$ on an APU, when you DO get your gpu, you will essentially be running that new GPU on a 80-100$ CPU as half of the APU will not be in use for what you paid for it.

Does that make sense? If not. Basically your only getting a 80-100$ cpu to run your GPU off of, but paying 150-200$ for it.

It does.
But, which CPU should I get then? In my country the ryzen 7 3700x is more than $100 away from the 9600k and ive see no diference in FPS in youtube videos.

It does.
But, which CPU should I get then? In my country the ryzen 7 3700x is more than $100 away from the 9600k and ive see no diference in FPS in youtube videos.

I mean if we are strictly talking gaming, either one would be fine. The R7 is still slightly better though. HOWEVER the 9600k beats the R7 in things like Encryption.

Also SOME games, not all, but a select few favor intel over amd. SO you may see like 3-10 fps more in some certain titles like "Rust" going with intel over AMD.

But imo if its just gaming, I would get the cheaper CPU as they are both basically the same, but the R7 does win in most cases for gaming.

Reactions: Patricio_1
The Ryzen 3600 is another option you might consider, as it performs very close to a 3600X, though the X part comes with a better stock cooler if you care about that. The 9600K does not come with a cooler at all, so you need to figure in the price of an aftermarket cooler for that processor.

It's also probably worth getting 16GB of RAM (a 2x8GB kit), as many newer games already benefit from having more than 8GB of RAM, and that will only become more common in the future. You should get a 2-stick kit at the very least, as running only a single stick can impact performance a bit.

It might be worth considering something like this for the primary components...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $359.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-17 21:13 EDT-0400

That would likely cost around $80 less (or even more of a difference if you stick with the stock cooler rather than going with an aftermarket model). And while the 3600 lacks integrated graphics, maybe that savings could allow you to work a cheap temporary graphics card into the budget, like an RX 570, which can be found on sale for as little as $120 currently (assuming you are looking at US prices)...

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#sort=price&c=392

An RX 570 only offers about half the performance of a 5600 XT, or even less compared to a 2060 SUPER or 5700 XT, but it will be far more capable for gaming than integrated graphics. It should be around 8 or 9 times as fast as the integrated graphics included in the 9600K. Intel's integrated graphics is not really viable for running recent games at decent resolutions or frame rates, so gaming on those integrated graphics for some time would not exactly be an ideal experience with modern games.

Another option, of course, might be to hold off on the system build for another month or so, until you can afford both the graphics card and the rest of the system at once.

Solution