Commodore C64 Returns With Atom, Ion 2

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]how does my quote make me a fan boy? fan boy of what?[/citation]
I think you are a victim of incorrect terminology here
If you show support for a single company, OS, etc, you are a fanboi
If you show dislike for a single company you are a hater
So no, you are not a fanboi because you didn't state who you supoort, you only showed dislike for Apple, which makes you a hater.
No biggy.
Plenty of other Apple haters here too

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]gtown[/nom]Awesome!! One step closer to re-releasing the Amiga...*fingers crossed*[/citation]

If they did release the Amiga it would be nothing like the original just like this is nothing like a C64.

Really I'm interested to hear what OS will be included with this thing AND the only draw to it is if it would include a C64 Emulator.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
There are already Amiga Emulators on the market, its about $100 and includes lots of software and games.

I love(d) my Amigas. Still have them... heavy suckers. Back when REAL geeks used computers. But with all the crap Amiga went through after Commodore died, Amiga tech became dated. WinXP was the first OS from MS for consumers that was mostly equal or better than Amiga (depending on the area)... 15 years after Amigas first came to market.

But in my book, Amiga is quite dead. Linux is the closest thing to Amiga and is very much alive and is what Amiga users should be using if they totally hate MS.

AmigaOS (1985) is based off of UNIX, but very much NOT UNIX compatible. Man, its was and STILL is a more elegant OS than Windows ever was, including Windows7. And Win7 is very good, I like it alot. But Amiga GUI is out-dated by todays standards, of course.

Keep in mind folks: An Amiga built in 1986 (The A1000) Can ACTUALLY browse the internet, if an add-on video card is used. Of course the 1992 Amigas have no problems with web-browsing... other than not being up to modern HTML/WEB standards.

PS: Theres a browser for the Commodore 64/128 too... ;(

unklep

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
like for real they are going to keep that huge dump truck design. seriously! i mean i loved my old commadore but i would not have that thing sitting on a desk trying to impress clients. i mean ya it has some nice hardware but we are in the future now not 198? and the f-keys only go to 8 what the hell "press f10 to save data" nope not going to happen. as much as i hate apple cuz they suck at everything they do know how to make nice sexy looking all in one package computers.

this is a joke. i bet it will be the hot ticket item on black friday cuz consumers are idiots.

best boat anchor ever

Status
Not open for further replies.